Sunday, November 22

Tatting Away

So, I have completed my first motif for the 25 Motif Challenge.  Behold:

This is my first motif.  It's actually from a book from Project Gutenberg called Beeton's Book of Needlework.  The Gutenberg Project is an online e-book library of public domain books.  I absolutely love it because in addition to the classics like Shakespeare and Jane Austen, you can find obscure little publications like this.

I was also going to try the clover pattern.  It didn't turn out too well.  For some reason I can't upload the image.  However, it didn't turn out well enough for me to call it a success, I haven't even figured out how to get it to attach to the paperclip.  So, the clover will have to wait until I have a bit more practice.


I've also been working on a scarf from some stash yarn I need to use before I can buy new yarn.  It's surprising how much knitting you can go through during a Dr. Who marathon.  As that develops, I'll try to get pictures up.  It's my own imagination that's creating this project, so we'll just have to see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Well done for getting the first motif done for the challenge. I've yet to start!!! I daredn't start, actually cause it'll take me away from all the other stuff I'm doing!!! Oh, I've got an original Mrs Beeton's book. Absolutely lovely with coloured plates and gold edged pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic work, and you say you are a beginner in tatting? Wow! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete